Friday, May 19, 2006


17th May, 2006.

Exam Day.

Spent the morning pottering about with the pigs and dogs to keep occupied. Took dogs over the fields and they had a romp while the kids and I collected Dandelions. Came back and screwed together a new run for Stanley pig, then Chris came home to take the kids. Hour and a half to go - only a 30 minute drive, but I thought I would go early.

I knew it was a bad omen when I stopped for petrol in St Albans and realised I was still wearing my slippers. RAC routefinder thingy was darn useless - roadworks and it insisted a road was there that didn't exist so I gave up and asked someone. NOW I know why blokes won't ask for directions. They are aware of a plot to send people driving for miles on the wrong side of town. No doubt the plonker had a good laugh as he sent me on my way. I headed back that way hoping to be able to thump him on the way home, but he had vanished. I then got to Oakland College - just to find that I needed to be "at a different campus" to the address I had been sent (according to the chap at reception with three studs in his bottom lip and a vacant expression on his face). I admit to being girly then and bursting into tears. It had taken me TWO YEARS to get this poxy exam booked as I somehow got lost on the system and then spent months where no one seemed able to do so much as return a simple call. And now they send me the wrong address. Okay, Oaklands, you've had your fun and can say you got your own back on me for refusing to give up. Well, YOU WIN! I'll do without my blasted IT qualification. You can ram it where it hurts.

I'm going to drink Teddy's bottle of Merlot this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home