Tuesday, May 16, 2006


14th May, 2006.

Kent Cavy Show.
Mike and I set off, had a lovely day and Teddy won his class which was a lovely start to our cavy dabbling! We also won the lucky pen draw and got a lovely bottle of red wine which I am looking forward to pouring down my gullet one evening when we are barbecuing a couple of steaks.

While there, Mike fell in love with tort and whites (the ONE breed I had hoped he wouldn't want) and we were lucky enough to be able to purchase two very good looking sows from the sale pens for him. I sent Mike off to find the breeder and ask questions - he got VERY lucky as the smashing lady gave him a show quality boar she had entered the same day so he has a really nice start. Wondering slightly how much trouble I would be in for bringing home more pigs, I thought in for a penny in for a pound and bought two more. A boar and sow, no, we don't need another boar, but he is a dear little chap and Mike's friend Emily is looking for a patched pig. So he has a home lined up where he will be spoilt rotten. Lucky lad. Okay, let's be honest, we didn't need another sow either, but this young lady gave me the strangest look as I went past her pen. Mike has named her Beatrice, and the others Dennis, Ivy and Minnie (Continuing his theme of Beano names). I think Bea and I are going to be pals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home