Tuesday, May 09, 2006

1st May, 2006.

Okay so I haven't posted for weeks. I've been too busy picking dandelions. Mike walks the dogs and comes back with an armful of dandelions. Pat taps on the door with carrier bags full of dandelions. These creatures are bottomless pit mowing machines. They never stop. The Bible account was wrong, it wasn't a plague of locusts it was guinea pigs...

They are spoilt brats. They have their own salt lick. They munch overnight on the best quality hay and spring greens. they spend their days squeaking round a wire run (moved every couple of hours to maintain their access to shade). Our previously quiet life is now ruled by not only the four dogs, but the three pigs. They have to be put away if we go out to keep them safe from the local cats. They have to be brought out again as soon as we get home so they don't miss out on the sunshine and fresh air. Zak and Alf insist on having them all cuddled every morning and evening. And wherever we go we pick dandelions. I can spot the blasted things at a hundred paces now.

But

I am smitten. They *talk* to me in the mornings. No one usually talks to me in the morning. They even got named. Teddy, Joyce and Rachael (Just please don't ask).

They are like peanuts, I have the sneaking suspicion that three is not going to be nearly enough....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home